There are many different types of ants that may live in your yard. When they swarm their mounds can cover large areas of lawn. They are unsightly, they can kill your lawn, and may pose a health risk to your family and pets. If the ants get close enough to your home they may also start invading your home.
Fast Ant Facts
Ants are the number one pest problem in the country. Ant control can be difficult, but there are some things you should know about how ants’ behavior can lead to big headaches for you and your home:
- Entry: Ants can enter through even the tiniest cracks, seeking water and sweet or greasy food substances in the kitchen pantry or storeroom areas.
- Scent trails: Ants leave an invisibnle chemical trail which contains pheromones for others to follow once they locate the food source.
- Nest locations: They can nest about anywhere in and around your house; in lawns, walls, stumps, even under foundations.
- Colony size: Can number up to 300,000 to 500,000 and whole colonies can uproot and relocate quickly when threatened.
- Colony Lifetime: A colony can live a relatively long lifetime. Worker ants may live seven years and the queen may live as long as 15 years.
- Do-it-yourself ineffectiveness: Most do-it-yourself ant control approaches only kill the ants you see. Some truly effective treatments can penetrate and destroy nests to help prevent these pests from returning. Also, home remedies don’t account for the fact that different kinds of ant infestations require different treatments. Fast facts are from Orkin Ant Control
What To Watch For
All ants make mounds. Some are bigger than others. One of the main ants to watch for are Fire Ants. They form very large mounds and swarm whenever the mound is disturbed.
The main danger from fire ants is their tendency to swarm, cover their victim and bite all at once. Reaction to an ant bite can range from a simple bump that itches or a day or so to death. So care must be taken to properly identify and eliminate their mounds.
How To Treat Ant Bites
Not counting homeopathic methods there are two main ways to treat ant bites. General allergy medications such as Benedryl and topical creams to relieve he swelling and itching. Of course when in doubt get professional help from your doctor.
|AfterBite Chigger and Ant Insect Bite Treatment
||AfterBite Chigger and Ant is a powerful itch and sting treatment that provides immediate relief. Specially formulated gel contains baking soda and tea tree oil to soothe the skin, alleviate inflammation and stop the itch and pain from nasty chiggers, fire ants, bees, wasps and more.
|Mitigator Insect Sting & Bite Treatment Scrub
- Eliminates Pain & Itching Fast!
- Neutralizes Toxins
- Can Prevent Blistering and Scarring
- No Harsh Chemicals or Odor
- Don’t Scratch! Scrub with Mitigator!
|Tender After Bite The Itch Eraser
||AfterBiteThe # 1 selling insect bite treatment for more than 25 years! After Bite stops the itching and swelling from insect bites and stings. After Bite’s formula works to neutralize the bite area so that
itching is reduced and the bite area heals more quickly.
Are you looking for "Two"? Check out linksmanagement
The passionate experts in this field are ready to answer all of your requests.
If you are not interested in test
, then you have already missed a lot.